LimeLight™ technology by Cutera® aims to improve the complexion of the skin and to correct imperfections that are caused by aging and UV rays on the face, neck and neckline.
Without being limited to repairing damage and hyperpigmentation associated with the sun (brown spots, including those light in color), this procedure also targets small veins
(telangiectasia) and redness of the skin, in addition to correcting the appearance of rosacea and couperose.
LimeLight™ facial treatments use intense pulsed light (IPL) to rejuvenate the skin with a system that combines speed and versatility. The intense pulsed light treatment is
customized to the color of the skin and projects various wavelengths, from 520 nm to 1100 nm, in order to properly treat the targeted area.
This variation allows the LimeLight™ technology to treat brown spots or skin redness by heating these areas and producing a therapeutic effect. Most patients explain that they feel a slight pinch during the procedure, but the cooling system integrated into the LimeLight™ reduces the effect of the heat. This warm sensation is the source of the therapeutic effect! Following the treatment, the pigment spots will intensify and your skin may become red and slightly irritated. These effects will only last a few hours. In the first week following the treatment, you will notice that the appearance of brown spots and redness will diminish and the appearance of your skin will improve.
What do we treat
- Pigment spots learn more about this treatment
- Redness of the skin learn more about this treatment
- Small veins (telangiectasia) learn more about this treatment
- Brown spots learn more about this treatment
This treatment is used on the face, neck and neckline as well as on the hands and forearms.
Process of the treatment
- Meeting with our specialist for a consultation (collection of data) and the implementation of the treatment plan according to the areas and conditions to be treated (number of treatments, duration, treatment risks, etc.)
- Approval of the treatment by the doctor
- First treatment session
- Follow-up on the intervention
- Subsequent treatment sessions, if applicable
How long does a session last?
Depending on the area treated, each session lasts between 15 and 30 minutes.
After how many sessions will I begin to see results?
In general, you will notice a difference following 1 to 3 sessions. Skin damaged by the sun may require more treatments.
Will marks and redness reappear with time?
New brown spots can appear with time because of the Sun. You must always remember to apply sunscreen. Rosacea and couperose are chronic disorders; new redness may also appear, but they can be treated.