Extended sun exposure, an active lifestyle, pollution and time all age the skin. Signs of aging such as wrinkles, fine lines, lesions, discolouration and loss of laxity become more and more visible over time. Resurfacing treatments, such as the ones offered by Halo™, smooth the skin tissue by acting on the surface layers of the skin and activate the cell renewal of old skin cells within the dermis. While older generations were more aggressive (social eviction time, risk of hypopigmentation, weakening of the skin), this new generation of fractional laser greatly reduces social eviction and pigment risks, allowing to treat several parts of the body such as the face, neck, chest, legs, arms and hands.
The Halo™ laser provides a powerful synergistic effect, with two distinct wavelengths:
- non-ablative wavelengths reach optimal depth to treat the epidermis and papillary dermis by acting on pigment irregularities, texture and tightening of pores;
- ablative wavelengths remain on the surface of the skin to quickly extract microscopic impurities.
Because the fractional ablation effect generated by the Halo™ laser occurs on a part of the skin surface, healing time is minimal and results are quickly observed in patients, regardless of the skin type or colour. The complexion is clear and unified, looking healthier and firmer.
What do we treat
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Pigment spots (brown spots, freckles, age spots)
- Scars (acne, surgery, wounds, stretch marks)
- Enlarged pores
- Actinic keratoses
Process of the treatment
- Meeting with our specialist for a consultation (collection of data) and the implementation of the treatment plan according to the areas and conditions to be treated (number of treatments, duration, treatment risks, etc.)
- Approval of the treatment by the doctor
- First treatment session
- Follow-up on the intervention
- Subsequent treatment sessions, if applicable
Can I go back to my regular activities following the treatment?
Yes, however, keep in mind that for 24 hours following the treatment, you must protect your skin according to the instructions provided by our specialist and avoid any intense activities. We may suggest a PRP treatment at the end of your session to help with the healing according to your problem area and the condition being treated.
Is the treatment painful and what are the side effects?
An anaesthetic cream will be applied prior to the procedure to ensure your comfort. The effects felt during the treatment may vary, although minimal such as a warm sensation or some tingling. Following the session, it is possible that there may be redness on the skin and some light swelling of the treated area, especially in the first 24 hours. In the days that follow, your skin will begin to flake. Do not worry, this healing process is perfectly normal, and you may apply a foundation to hide the effects.
How many treatments are required before I notice any results?
Approximately one week following your first treatment, you will notice the first results. However, 2 to 3 weeks are usually required before noticing more significant results. During your first visit, our specialist will establish a treatment plan according to the condition of your skin and your expectations. For example, we may suggest 1 or 2 more “vigorous” treatments, followed by 1 or 2 more “light” maintenance treatments for optimal results.